Already licensed in another state? Pre-licensing education from another state

California has no agreements with other States to waive its licensing requirements for someone already licensed in another state. But if you have a real estate salesperson’s or broker’s license in another state, you may have already completed some equivalent courses that fulfill your California Real Estate Licencing requirements. Do you still have to take the three licensing courses?

In applying for California real estate broker or salesperson examination, evidence of completion (i.e. transcripts) of the statutory courses in out-of-state institutions is acceptable if the institution is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges or a comparable regional accrediting entity, and each course provided for three semester-units credit or four quarter-units credit. Courses offered by out-of-state private schools are not acceptable unless prior approval of the California Real Estate Commissioner has been obtained.

When you apply to take the license exam, you should submit an official transcript to the California BRE.

For more information please contact California BRE directly.



By | 2017-01-23T14:51:58-07:00 January 23rd, 2017|California real estate licensing|

About the Author:

San Diego Real Estate School [ebs_seo_cp_full]

Recent Tweets